The following is a partial list of some of attorney Eric H. Weitz’s most significant verdicts and settlements:
- $28.75 million — Verdict for a foster child who was rendered a paraplegic in a motor vehicle accident.
- $15.1 million — Verdict in Topamax mass tort litigation for mothers of children who were born with cleft lip/palate birth defects caused by undisclosed side effects of Topamax when taken during pregnancy.
- $8.6 million — Verdict for the family of a child who suffered severe brain damage because her delivery was inexplicably delayed.
- $6.6 million — Verdict for a heroin addict who suffered paralysis after an emergency room failed to diagnose and treat an emerging spinal infection.
- $4.02 million — Verdict for a child who underwent four surgeries after birth to correct his cleft lip caused by Topamax.
- $3.8 million — Settlement for a Fortune 500 executive who was rendered completely disabled after being sideswiped while traveling on vacation.
The Weitz Firm, LLC, practices medical malpractice and commercial litigation in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. You can reach our lawyer, Eric H. Weitz, at 267-587-6240 or by email.